Summer2018 is winding down with autumn right around the corner, the fallmullet and baitfish run begins in late August, inshore game fishbegin to follow the bait down the coast as the run moves south,swimming towards south Florida where many of these fish spend thewinter. All this action is in our neighborhood during September,October, and November, schools of migratory game fish like Bluefish,Jack Crevalle, oversize Ladyfish, and Pompano join our year roundresident fish Redfish, Seatrout, Snook, Mangrove Snapper, Black Drum,Sharks, and more, fattening up for winter eating the mullet, otherbaitfish and shrimp. As the air and water temperatures begin to dropin the fall, it’s a pleasure being out on the water after our verylong Florida summer, in the Indian River backcountry and MosquitoLagoon, the catching action is steady with all the different speciesof fish, schools of finger size mullet frequent the waters surface asthey migrate south with game fish busting them with white waterstrikes, making for fun and easy sight fishing casting into theaction with usually fast hookups. Backcountry variety mixed bagfishing usually lands many different species on each trip, sometimessome of all the available fish types that are in the area, and younever know when notable catch will bend our rods, new client Scottand his son from Maryland were out with me recentlyand Scott had thebig hook up on light tackle and battled and CPR ( catch - photo –released ) this 32” Snook …………………….

August2018Scott32Snook.jpg

Fallis spawning Redfish time at our local Ponce de Leon Inlet, bullRedfish up to 45” and 35 lbs gather in the inlet area and a few canbe caught on blue crabs and live bait fish, we catch smaller sizeRedfish on the flats at Mosquito Lagoon in the fall also, this is funchallenging shallow water sight fishing with light tackle, alsousually catching Seatrout on the flats and drop off edges, long timeregular clients from Virginia out this summer caught a bunch of niceTrout and Miranda had the big fish with a skinny water 28”Redfish……………………

August2018MirandaRedfish.jpg

Neverknow when a back water Shark will bite one of our baits and theyalways put up a great fight on light tackle, Mike from Orlando with a40” plus Shovelnose Hammerhead…………………..

August2018MikeShark.jpg

InterestingRedfish are out there swimming, here a 10 spotted Red caught by longtime regular Jon from Georgia in the back country this summer ontheir annual family trip with me……………………..

August2018Jon10SpotRedfish.jpg

…………...Jon’sdaughter Mallory caught a back country slam, Seatout, Snook, andRedfish…………………..

August2018MalloryRedfish.jpg

JackCrevalle are almost every trip fun catches in different sizes here inthe back waters, from 1 to 8 lbs, they are super hard fighters,bigger ones give an epic battle on my light tackle outfits, regularOrlando client Jason with a good one……………..

August2018JasonJack.jpg

BlackDrum are a year round catch here, average sized ones in thebackcountry can be about 3 to 5 lbs, lurking on the bottom in smallchannels and holes, local repeat client David with a fun one………………….

August2018DavidDrum.jpg

FUNFRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
IndianRiver and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDRENALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New SmyrnaBeach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALLOR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my websitehttps://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt.Michael Savedow
EdgewaterRiver Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com