Thread: New Old Guy...

Default New Old Guy...

Thanks for the add. Originally from Ohio were I grew up fishing for Walleye and perch. I have lived in Florida for almost 40 years now and have fished mostly saltwater from the Keys to east central Florida which is where I live now. I currently kayak fish and own a small bay boat Scout 162 Sportfish. Look forward to some good discussions...

Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing. I fished south Florida as a teenager in the middle sixties. I've been living in Arizona for over 30 years and fish primarily for flathead catfish in the lakes around the Phoenix area. One of the members of my fishing club caught the state record flathead 4 years ago; 76.54 pounds! Check out my club's site, www.catfishaz.com.
    Happy Fishing!
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Moderator  photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg fanofthereds's Avatar

Welcome. I am also originally from OH. Also, am a Southern transplant(now living in AL).
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
    Click for weather forecast