+ Reply to Thread
    Executive Administrator/Owner PaJNS's Avatar

Question How many Rods & Reels do you take?

When heading out for a day of Fishing, be it on a boat or from shore, How Many Rods & Reels do you take with you?

I NEVER lied about the size of the Fish I caught....I just remember them being BIGGER!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
    Spread the WORD!!

Find more about Weather in Butler, PA
    Click for weather forecast

I take at least 3 with me 1 for musky, 1 for just throwing it in and letting it sit, 1 for throwing some lures around.
    If your a fisherman and know what it is like to go fishing. Then you know what it is like to get HOOKED...
    Weather it's just like Fishing.........
    You never step in the same creek twice......

I've got 12 on the boat. I usually have at least 5 of them rigged on the deck
    Hoss, anonymously

I fish primarily from my boat for catfish, both flatheads and channels
    I take 4 rigs for flathead cats, 2 rigs for channel cats, 3 rigs for bait fish, and occasionally 2 or 3 rigs for bass. I think I'll cut down on the flathead rigs to 2 in the future though so that will make a total of 7 on most trips.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar

Usually, when I'm fishing alone, 2 or 3. One light spinning set up for tossing lures, one conventional set up for bait or bottom fishing. If I'm not feeling lazy, I'll take a heavier spinning set up, just for good measure.

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing

I will take five with me two baitcasters and three spinning set up for top water, finesse, spinners, and body body baits etc. If the lake has Walleye I take six with the extra set up for trolling.

I have 36 rods and reels, my wife has 5 rod and reels. She thinks I have to many, I don't think so. I mainly fish for crappie and take my 5 favorite.
    KEEP ON FISHING

For me depends on target species but in general I bring 3-4 if solo by foot or boat. If my wife and 2 kids go its usually 12-16. I like having diff class rods with diff rigs, makes it easier than using a heavy rig on a light rod or vice versa. Or having to retie everything. Sometimes the fish don't follow protocol an we gotta switch it up haha

+ Reply to Thread