Default A sad day for a fisherman

I ran across a picture while browsing the internet. I don't know the story but the photo should be self-explanatory. Please be careful and keep a safe distance when casting.

Default Re: A sad day for a fisherman

Ouch! Even with the best surgery, his eye would probably never see again.

Default Re: A sad day for a fisherman

Yeah, that's for sure. A very nasty looking pic, but it makes me want to be even more careful out there.

Never pull too hard! but of course that's something that would keep the fishermen cautious

I am sad to say i have had one of these days.. The hook was a size 4/0 barbless the hook went in one end out the other.I was river fishing salmon on vancouver island, it was a bad scene but what they can do with eyes now is amazing but I still never ever go fishing without yellow tint safety glasses and sunglasses now. The pain from this i can not put in words...I have been into sports from day one! breaking limbs has happened three times and i rather all three at once over this! Be safe folks at least get them for the kids.

I am glad to say after one year i have made almost a %100 recovery "lucky" is an under statement for sure..Next time you go to the fishing store look at a size 4/0 then get glasses

Quote Originally Posted by salmon slayer bc View Post
    I am sad to say i have had one of these days.. The hook was a size 4/0 barbless the hook went in one end out the other.I was river fishing salmon on vancouver island, it was a bad scene but what they can do with eyes now is amazing but I still never ever go fishing without yellow tint safety glasses and sunglasses now. The pain from this i can not put in words...I have been into sports from day one! breaking limbs has happened three times and i rather all three at once over this! Be safe folks at least get them for the kids.

I am glad to say after one year i have made almost a %100 recovery "lucky" is an under statement for sure..Next time you go to the fishing store look at a size 4/0 then get glasses

all I can say