+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rod Holders

Default Rod Holders

I'm looking to replace the rod holders on my boat. I need holders that can accomodate the thick handles and large knobs on the end of the handles of my salt water rods I use for flathead catfishing. My Scotty rod holders have an opening for the handle that is just too narrow. At this point I've decided on the Pro 22's made by Monster Rod Holders, but I'm still open to suggestion. Any advice on other options I may consider?
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

i got berkley rod holders on my boat, cheaper but they work great. the opening should be wide enuff.

You have good taste. I like the looks of the Pro 22's made by Monster Rod Holders! Have not used a lot of rod holders but have considered them from time to time for Striper or Crappie and now Catfish too. Thanks for sharing this info
    ?The creative adult is the child who survived.? Ursula K. Le Guin

[QUOTE=Fish2DMax;41863]You have good taste. I like the looks of the Pro 22's made by Monster Rod Holders! Have not used a lot of rod holders but have considered them from time to time for Striper or Crappie and now Catfish too. Thanks for sharing this info
    [/QUOTEThanks. I've decided to order 4 Monster Pro 22's. Also, the president of my fishing club, ACCA, is designing and fabricating holders specifically for flathead catfishing and he's going to give me a couple to evaluate so I'll be set for holders now.

One of my fishing buddies from my club gave me 7 bases today saving me $37 on my order from Monster Rod Holders since I didn't need to purchase their bases. I did order 4 of the Pro 22's from Monster though.

+ Reply to Thread