Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new here

Default new here

im just getting in to fishing a friend took me a couple of times and i really liked it so im on here the get a list of supplies i am looking for fishing rods that will be good for anything freshwater bass,catfish well a rod that can handle small to big fish not trying to buy a lot of fishing rods just trying to get stared

Glad to see you made it over here. Welcome aboard..
    There should be some nice rod and reel combos out. I would have to say a good all around rod would be a medium light. Grab some hooks, split shots, line.. some combos come with line if not buy line (I like stren) and you should be good to go. Have fun..
    If your a fisherman and know what it is like to go fishing. Then you know what it is like to get HOOKED...
    Weather it's just like Fishing.........
    You never step in the same creek twice......

I agree. For someone just getting started go to Wal-Mart and buy 1 or 2 spinning combos. Can't go wrong with combos from Shakespeare as starter rigs. Get some assorted hooks in sizes from 6 to 1/0 for general fishing and a package of3/0 circle hooks for channel catfish. Package of medium sized swivels and a package of assorted weights from 1/4 to 1/2 ounce. Also a plastic package of assorted size split shot weights. I too like Stren monofilament line. Get some in 6 pound test for general fishing and 10 pound test for channel catfish if you're going to have 2 rigs. That should get you started. And welcome to Outdoor-Fishing. You're bound to get plenty of help around here.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

thanks guy really appreciate it yeah the more help the better

now all i need is a good place to fish at i live in new castle pa if anyone lives out this way let me know i been to the one in downtown area but didn't like it looking for lakes and ponds

Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park used to be a favorite place to fish for me.

okay this is what i got the rod i got is a Matzuo America

4 ball bearing
    Aluminum spool
    6ft 6in 2-pc medium action graphite rod
    5+1 aluminum oxide guides
    graphite reel seat with stainless
    steel cushioned hoods
    split grip cork handle

now specs on the rod are

6'6"/1.98m 2-piece medium action spinning rod
    line WT: 6-14lb /2.7-6.53kg
    lure WT:3/16-1/2oz/5.3-14.2g

please tell me its okay i couldn't find the one you guys recommend do you think its fine thank you all

Sounds like a good 1 to get started.
    Heres the lakes in pa. The rivers around ya have good fishing to. The bigger cats will be in them.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/lakes.htm

That should serve you well for a starter combo. I would just fish using night crawlers as bait to begin with. A couple whole ones on the recommended circle hook for channel cats, or you can go with frozen shrimp for cats as well. Just use @ 1/3 to 1/2 of a crawler for sunfish on a #6 hook @ 3 feet under a bobber. Have fun and Happy Fishing!

why are fly rods so expensive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast