Default Smallmouth are biting, pic

Well the smallmouth bass in our area are definitely still on the feed. In fact they are extremely aggressive and fighting like freight trains right now. Last evening, after a little family cookout with my oldest son and grandsons, my boy and I decided to squeeze in a little smallmouth fishing from my kayak before the sunset. We had about an hour and a half float to the spot where my wife would be picking us up. I put a nice plump 15 incher on the stringer within minutes after we got in the kayak, and also landed a few in the 10 - 12 inch range. My son was not having such luck. In fact he hadn't really landed much until he switched to the same jig/soft plastic combo that I was using. Then he started getting hit and landed a couple little ones. It wasn't until his last cast of the evening, right next to the bridge that we were going to be picked up at, that he hooked into this big ole smallie. At over 17 inches, and very fat, this fish gave my son a great fight, with 3 awesome jumps. What a great way to end the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator  photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg fanofthereds's Avatar
    Elmore, Alabama, United States

No that's a Bronzeback Hog!!! Nice time with the family too. Couldn't ask for more.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
    Click for weather forecast