+ Reply to Thread

Default Alternatives to GoPro

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure everyone knows what a GoPro Camera is and what it does. But if you know what it does and what it is, You probably know the Hefty price tag that comes with it. They can range from 200 - 400$ depending on model, Storage, accessories.

Here's a couple of alternatives to GoPro that are just as good and if not better.

http://www.sears.com/db-power-hd-min...1&blockType=G1
    This little beaut. is only 99$ (78.67$ on sale) at sears and it comes with a waterproof case with it. Records up to 1080p and takes 13 megapixel pictures. (The new iPhones camera takes 8MP Pictures)

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Extre.../dp/B00A81SXHI
    On sale for 121.99 and it comes with a mounting kit. And its made by polaroid.
    Shock proof, Water proof only weighs 4oz takes 720p video and 16MegaPixel still images.

and then theres this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...echreviewer-20
    for a whopping price of 40.99$
    Records in 1080P @ 30 frames per second or 720p @ 60 frames per second.
    I mean at 40.99$ how is this not a good deal.
    Only problem is it isent water proof by itself it needs a case.

And if none of those work and you have a smart phone, Buy a lifeproof case for 70$.
    Water proof, Shock proof, Dirt proof.

So don't settle for paying for a GoPro when theres many alternatives.

Thanks always looking for some good waterproof vid cameras. They usually end up breaking on me for some reason haha. Do u own 1.

I don't own any but i do plan on buying the one from sears for 78$ pretty soon.

Just curious what cameras have you owned that have broke?

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar

I have the gopro hero 3 white. Although it is on the pricey side, I have no complaints. I've shot footage in all weather conditions and even under water with zero issues.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing

They werent waterproof but i owned a sony and another 1 I cant remember. Lasted a year or 2. I got a waterproof panasonic HX-WA10 . The only problem is it is hard to hold. Seems like gopro has alot of accessories that you can beat.

Most cameras have a spot on the bottom where you can screw them on with a tripod all you have to do instead of buying something like a GoPro stick is find the correct sized thread and get a decent sized piece of PVC and get caps for both ends. But before you seal it you could fill it full of expanding foam for extra floating buoyancy if you happen to drop it in the water. And just thread the thread through one of the PVC caps. And it won't matter if water gets in the PVC considering the Expanding foam. And things like Hat Mounts Pole Mounts body mounts all you need is a little spare time and some redneck ingenuity

Smile Water Wolf HD

Have you seen the new Water Wolf HD underwater camera? It was showcased at iCast 2014 and is said to list for $199. This price point puts it below the GoPro but above the choices detailed above.

BTW - my son already wants one - a Water Wolf HD underwater camera. Its supposed to be available sometime this fall.
    ?The creative adult is the child who survived.? Ursula K. Le Guin

+ Reply to Thread