Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    santfe newmexico

Top water frogging luv it luv it luv it ,and I am a fan of spoons jigging deep,or casting down a shore line!and soft plastics caught a bunch on de worms
    Most of my lures catch more fishermen than fish !!!

Fishing is God's way of saying he loves us!

Wishing I was Fishing

Moderator  photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg fanofthereds's Avatar
    Elmore, Alabama, United States

My favorite all time bait is a rubber lizard bait. When all else fails, I will always go to my lizard.

However the Kyoban Spinnerbait has really gotten me hooked on spinners since I tried it this summer/fall. But my overall history keeps me always going back to my lizards when I gotta have a hit.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
    Click for weather forecast

I'll be favorite bass fishing method is SELLING the lures that you guys are talking about!!! LOL...just kidding!!!

I prefer the drop shot...or throwing cranks and jigs into wood. I lose a lot of lures...but I have a whole wall full of them!!!
    Espyville Outdoors
    1545 State Hwy. 285
    Espyville, PA 16424

Hahha that's funny for sure

Top water rubber frogs just love it when the water explodes around them even if I fail to set the hook the rush last a long time.

Suwanee, GA

What was the question??? Oh, What is your favorite bass lure/method... I have a 2 part answer with a follow-up.

1. Well my go-to is a doodle rod because if I can't catch anything on any other method this is my tried & true go-to no matter where I'm at. It comes with a Texas Rigged plastic worm of some sort weighted as lightly as I can get away with. Default color is Green Pumpkin and the default shape is the original Zoom Swamp Crawler. The worm weight ranges from 1/8 to 3/8 oz. The Spinning rod is 6' long, MH and has 8# Berkley Trilene Sensation on it. Yes I tend to use it a lot.

2. Now for true excitement it's topwater. If we had one of those if I were in heaven and could fish every day and the BIG fish were biting scenarios how would you fish - topwater. I love the Zara Spook; always have. The other one that kills them around here is the smaller version of the Chug Bug in Bleeding Pearl (3.5" long and weigh 3/8 oz.). Colors on the Zara Spook are the old Blue Shore Minnow ( I probably have a half-dozen of these) and this one that is sort of Olive Green with big Silver Flakes on it (which I only have one of). Blue is for a sunny day and the Olive is for a cloudy day. My son will tell you that the Olive Green one is my favorite. He claims that I talk to it - that at times the lure gets more love and support than he does. He's just kidding but I think he's really worried I may lose it one day and drop into some state of shock right there on the lake... call 911- quick!

Over the past couple of years a few old things are new again have regained my attention like spinnerbaits, crankbaits and Flukes. Each of these has a specific purpose and a particular time of the year when they shine. So here I guess I'm just helping guys like Espyville Outdoors out because I have more than I can possibly carry around. I've loaded up on various colors of Fluke and I'm in the process of putting together a rod & reel combo to take some abuse come warmer water and fair skies. Or as barresi put it the other day Where pan fish are plentiful and green carp roam... I like that
    ?The creative adult is the child who survived.? Ursula K. Le Guin

A little something I come up with a years ago to catch smallmouth bass. I call it a jigramite. What I did was cut down green pumpkin soft plastic craws to look like a helgramite and put them on a 1/32, 1/16, or 1/8 ounce black jig head, depending on water depth and current of the rivers I am fishing. I have since made a few changes in the bait I use, with my modifications now being done to the Strike King Shim E Sticks. Definitely my go to bait for smallmouth bass. The picture is my youngest son when he was 9 and last summer when he was 16 with smallies that were all landed on the jigramite. So far, since season opened the Saturday before Memorial Day, we have landed just about 100 smallmouth on these baits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12