Question Fish finder gadget

Looking around online for a simple fishfinder for my teen. (We're catching stripers, sauger, walleye on mississippi). Leaning toward this FighHunter one, anybody try it or have a reco?

He'll like it because it works with an app for your phone where you can keep track of fishing spots, share pictures, get catch info/advice, all that stuff. But I obviously want it to work well too. It says it's "world's smallest military grade fish finder" so sounds good.

Anybody try it?

Moderator  photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg fanofthereds's Avatar
    Elmore, Alabama, United States

Sorry, I haven't. Anyone got some advice on this???
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
    Click for weather forecast

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar
    Queens, NY

Hey RobWild...I haven't tried the fish hunter, but we have a sponsor here at O~F. It's called the iBobber...Here's the link:
    Check them out...It works with smart phones Andriod and iPhones...Contact them, tell them your a member here at O~F

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing