Default Duo Realis Crankbaits

Has anyone tried the Duo Realis crankbaits? These are Japanese manufactured and they have a new one - the Shad62dr - that looks like it would be just about my speed. I was oogling a square billed model from last year but couldn't come loose with the change. My type of angling allows for little use of a square bill. This one - the Shad62dr - appears to dive 6-8 feet deep, like a Norman Deep Baby-N, but it has a slimmer profile. Oh, and it's a bit pricey $$$.

BTW - this past year solidified the fact that the Norman Deep Baby-N is one of my favorite go-to cranks. It's relatively inexpensive and a truly versatile bait. One thing I've noticed is that the Normans' aren't tank tested like others so you have to old school tune each one out of the box. I'm willing to do that in order to get it to run the way I want.

Just curious if anyone has tried any of the Duo Realis baits and what you may have thought about it. Or let me know what your fav is right now so that I can take a look at that one too!
    Thanks, Jerry A
    ?The creative adult is the child who survived.? Ursula K. Le Guin

Jerry...I haven't heard any feedback from the Duo Realis crankbaits. And you are correct about the Norman Deep Baby-N...they are AWESOME!!! Especially for the money!!!

Have you ever tried the Bomber Model A or Fat Free Shad series or the Xcalibur series crankbaits? They are equally as impressive as the Baby N!

I will keep my ears open about remarks from the Duo Realis...
    Last edited by Espyville Outdoors; 12-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Espyville Outdoors
    1545 State Hwy. 285
    Espyville, PA 16424
    814-795-2667

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Espyville Outdoors View Post
    Jerry...I haven't heard any feedback from the Duo Realis crankbaits. And you are correct about the Norman Deep Baby-N...they are AWESOME!!! Especially for the money!!!

Have you ever tried the Bomber Model A or Fat Free Shad series or the Xcalibur series crankbaits? They are equally as impressive as the Baby N!

I will keep my ears open about remarks from the Duo Realis...
    Yes I have used all of the ones you mention (the Bomber Model A or Fat Free Shad series & the Xcalibur series crankbaits) with success. For me the Bomber Model 6A/7A beats the Norman Deep Baby-N on a windy day simply because of its weight.

I'm throwing these baits on a 6'6" rod with an Abu and 10# hybrid line. This combo works tremendously with the smaller, lighter cranks - even something as small as a #5 Shad Rap. I'll use the same MH rod but step up to 12# to 15# spooled on the Abu for something as large as a DB3, DD14 or DD22. At one point I'd largely given up on cranks but over the past 2 years or so I've done a complete 180. It could be that the lakes I fish in have changed too. The Blueback Herring as forage has created a more open water roaming environment in these clear water reservoirs.
    ?The creative adult is the child who survived.? Ursula K. Le Guin