Poll: What type of reels do you use?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thought I'd bring this poll up for the newer members. This is a multiple choice poll so click on ALL the types of reels you like to use.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

I have used Spinning all my life this year got my hands on a couple Lew's which I enjoy using very much have not been disappointed. I do have a couple bait casters but still having trouble working with them and is getting discouraging.

4 open face 3 bait cast
    Boatless Fisherman
    There is a reason it's called fishing and not catching.
    I have to admit that I am a FISHAHOLIC.
    I,m a man and I can do anything I want, I want to go fishing!! (is that ok with you dear?)

Quote Originally Posted by lureconcepts View Post
    I have used Spinning all my life this year got my hands on a couple Lew's which I enjoy using very much have not been disappointed. I do have a couple bait casters but still having trouble working with them and is getting discouraging.
    I have 3 words for you about getting the hang of bait casting reels; Practice, Practice,PRACTICE! Do that and you'll get it. It's much like learning to ride a bicycle. Suddenly you get it and you never look back.

Thanks for refreshing this post for the newer members.
    Last edited by bass or bass?; 06-23-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar

Totally agree with you BorB...practice, practice, practice...The way I learned, start off with getting the settings down...dial in the cast control brakes and the spool tension knob to a setting that wont over run your line. It also helps to start off with heavier weights...maybe 1oz...Then gradually lower the weight. Every time you use a different weighted lure, you should make adjustments to the brakes and tension knob. The best way to figure out your settings is to hold up your rod at chest height and release the spool. Your lure should hit the ground and the line should stop. If the spool over runs..your settings are too loose. You'll eventually get it...If you have some time watch some youtube videos on casting a baitcaster...there's lots of good video for tips and tricks. Just keep at it until it becomes second nature.

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234