+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update from Me

Wishin' I was fishin'. Mr. Blank's Avatar

Default Update from Me

So, I got three phone calls Thursday.

The first from a prison about two hours away, for an interview. I didn't see the voicemail email about this one until night time so I had to wait till the next day to call them and tell them I wouldn't be able to come as that was just too far to drive to each day and I can't afford to move right now.

The second was from a prison about thirty minutes away. I'll be going to an interview the morning of 9/12. I pretty much have this job already.

A few hours after that call the local hospital called and told me to report Monday morning for orientation. I'll be going, but only as a hedge against the interview on Thursday.

I already found an apartment that is literally right across the road from the prison, similar to the one we lived at earlier this year, and a touch less expensive. It also sports a 5 acre fishing pond on the property.

So, things are now on the uptick!
    I swear, Honey; it was THIS BIG!

Moderator  photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg fanofthereds's Avatar

Keep us informed!!!
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
    Click for weather forecast

Sounds good Mr. Blank. It's great when you can take your pick of positions! And fishing water right where you live!!!
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Wishin' I was fishin'. Mr. Blank's Avatar

@Fan- Will do!

@BorB- No kidding. It's not even a choice really.

Hospital = $7.85/hour PART time

Prison = approximately $30k/year FULL time and potential OT WITH benefits.

Not to mention the prison and that apartment there are MUCH closer to all of my friends and family than this place. So many positives it's nearly perfect.

Oh, and this one is a minimum instead of the Level IV Max that I was at before. So yeah, I'll be needing the coffee to stay awake, .
    I swear, Honey; it was THIS BIG!

+ Reply to Thread