+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bradley

Default BOOYAH at it again

What do you guys think of this new trend toward all things "umbrella"? They make this sound like it is the end-all product for every situation. What do you think?

http://www.thefishingwire.com/story/...m/story/291708

It certainly claims some very intriguing benefits...

I am opposed to all things "umbrella"!
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Bradley

Why's that b or b?

why use an umbrella rig when a stick of dynamite works Oh so well

Quote Originally Posted by tankhanson View Post
    Why's that b or b?
    Kind of like what desert rat said; why not just use dynamite! But seriously, dragging 3 to 6 lures along is a bit unchallenging don't you think?

i guess it depends on if you are an optimist or a pessimist

Bradley

So a boat equipped with a depth finder, fish finder, a titanium reel, space age composite rod, holographic painted lures, and chemical scent enhancers are all cool...but dragging 3 plastic jigs on a wire is too much??

Tough call for me. Everyone has their own definitions of "fair chase" I guess.

We get into the same discussions in hunting and fishing all the time. I support anything that the laws allow. I fish for fun, and if this thing gives me more pleasure in my spare time, then I say Hoorah for Booyah!

Larry

Cool

I've watched these "Alabama" debates unfold on every forum on the net. So far I have only come up with two truths in the massive cloud of debate.

1. The tackle companies continue to make a killing off this craze.

2. I have YET to catch the first fish on an umbrella rig.

I suppose the fact that they're practically illegal here has something to do with it too. Arizona allows a maximum of 2 rods to be used at one time (provided you've paid the extra $7 fee for a 2 pole stamp) with a maximum of 2 hooks or 2 lures (with a maximum of 2 hooks per lure) per rod.
    An Alabama rig may be used in Arizona provided it only has a total of 2 hooks. They are rarely used here by anyone.
    Last edited by bass or bass?; 07-07-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Larry

Cool

I did a little more research on this new bait. There is nothing illegal about this jewel ANYWHERE. That's right fishheads...don't matter where you hang yer hat...you can fish this bait!

BOOYAH Bait Company takes castable umbrella rigs to the next level. Why are swimbaits the only lures to adorn the business end of castable umbrella rigs? Because the stiff wires impede the action of crankbaits and other lures. The Boo Rig changes that with a center lure arm made of super-strong, flexible, nylon-encased wire that allows crankbaits and other lures to swim naturally.

The Boo Rig features four stainless steel outer arms with willowleaf blades to produce flash and vibration, but the center lure arm is flexible, allowing anglers to use any lure - not just a swimbait - from a crankbait to a jig. Your only limitation is your imagination. Now anglers can throw a shallow-running crankbait on their castable umbrella rig and work it on bottom in any depth. Plus, the lure stays in the strike zone for the entire cast. Plus, the Boo Rig is legal anywhere you fish.

The Boo Rig is available in three weights, ?-, 3/8- and 1/2-ounce. It is one of a series of new "Boo" fishing systems that let anglers use any type of lure at any depth. BOOYAH just rewrote your fishing playbook.

For more information go to www.lurenet.com. - See more at: http://www.thefishingwire.com/story/....TX8YBIqj.dpuf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast