Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Larry

Cool Inline Spinners for Bass

Here's another great lure almost forgotten about in bass fishing...you probably won't see it mentioned in Bassmaster magazine...unless those tools take a peek at O-F forums! A time honored lure for just about all species, and still a mainstay for trout, walleye, pike, and musky. Lately Tankhanson has been using inlines with great success on bass and panfish, so I broke out my old favs to give it a whirl myself. Here are a few of the classics.

The Mepps Comet Minnow
    The Mepps Black Fury
    The Original Worden's Rooster Tail

The Classic Panther MartinAnd Uncle Tank's favorite...the Renosky Swiss Lunker Minnow.

Halfa

very cool Mo. I still use inlines as well. especially in March and April for the prespawn bass. they seem to work great even when nothing else is working. The fish seem to like these better than spinner baits in the early season.

They are also great on the NE trout streams. whether fishing slow pools or fast current. you can cover alot more water quicker than when using bait.

Bradley

Yeah boy! You have touched on a subject near and dear to my heart mo. I use inline spinners for all sorts of fish in all sorts of environments. That Renosky is the best value on the market. They make a wide variety of sizes of inlines from tiny fly sizes all the way up to 6" bodies. I have them all and love them. Best of all, they are about 1/3 the price of Mepps and other brands.

Like mo said, if you look through my pictures and posts, you will quite often see an inline spinner hanging out of the jaw of the fish I am holding. Give 'em a try!!

And in-line spinners were catching all sorts of fish before the "safety pins" ever appeared on the scene.

I have a nice in line spinner that I got from ole JoeW when he was still here. It's a fire tiger pattern and really looks like a bluegill in the water. Nice spinner. I also have some old Mepps and others that were my grandfather's. Kind of afraid to use them though. Sentimental value and all.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

I may make all kinds of stuff but inlines and beetle spins are no. 1 in my book . First thing I put on even if everybody I'm fishing with thinks I'm crazy .
    You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.

nailed some white bass last night on a roostertail.
    Fishing: the art of loitering in or near a body of water.

Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by toadfrog View Post
    I may make all kinds of stuff but inlines and beetle spins are no. 1 in my book . First thing I put on even if everybody I'm fishing with thinks I'm crazy .
    LOL...me too toadfrog!! Love those beetle spins too. Cheap as dirt and work like a charm on a wide range of fish.

those beetle spins are up there in my book too. nice and virtually weedless just likke their bigger brother spinnerbaits.
    Fishing: the art of loitering in or near a body of water.

Have caught fish from Bluegill to Muskie on inline spinner baits, they are must have bait in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast