Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar

2 yrs ago I bought a handmade net by master net maker Percy Wentworth (Staten Island, NY). Yes, the Black Pearl net is very good, but the net made by Percy blows it away. My other go to net is made by West Coast Nets (Taco) and for a production net, it's very good. I'm just glad I only use the net in the spring and fall, because tossing a net every trip is tiring and definitely not good for the back...LOL

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing

Oh I know percy nets, best of the best, to me, for custom nets up this way. I would try to get one of them or maybe a Tim wade custom(nice nets for the price down south FL) if I were to actually need a nice net an lived on the coast. Haha oh I know some of them bigger nets get tiring for sure, especially like a 10-12 ft 1.5 per or a 2 per. My uncle used to use an 11 or 12 ft 1.5 per an I was good for a few throws an I was done haha. Couldn't image a 2 per

Quote Originally Posted by barresi View Post
    2 yrs ago I bought a handmade net by master net maker Percy Wentworth (Staten Island, NY). Yes, the Black Pearl net is very good, but the net made by Percy blows it away. My other go to net is made by West Coast Nets (Taco) and for a production net, it's very good. I'm just glad I only use the net in the spring and fall, because tossing a net every trip is tiring and definitely not good for the back...LOL
    8' diameter is maximum allowed in Arizona. Do you know how much one of those Wentworth nets would be in that size?With 3/8 mesh.

What reasons do you prefer the Wentworth over other makes?
    Last edited by bass or bass?; 06-19-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer barresi's Avatar

I believe Percy makes all sizes, but mainly for menhaden (bunker). Here's his website. www.percycastnets.com His number is on the site. Give him a call. On average, his nets are around 250, but that's for a big 10ft net with 1 1/4 in mesh. What makes his nets stand apart from the rest is they are hand made, they lay flat and with minimum effort, they open to a true spread. He uses quality components, horn, braille lines, swivel, lead, etc, etc. Owning 3 nets, 2 production and 1 hand made...hands down the hand made net is by far the best.
    Last edited by barresi; 06-19-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12