Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JoeW

And Mo--- here around Buffalo NY- I personally know 20-30 tackle collectors within a 50 mile radius, probably 100 within 100 mile radius. Many of them, I got started collecting! You're right, around here competition is fierce, especially at a publicized "old fishing tackle" auction! If you live where old tackle hasn't been "discovered" as being very collectible yet, you are very lucky!

And Ebay-- yea, there's bargains to be found, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I have never got a "real good deal at Ebay and am glad someone has! LOL! Just have fun however you go about it. Best---- JoeW

I was told he bought it to go musky fishing in Canada about 20 years ago and never used it. Even for a newer lure it's a nice add to my collection! There is plenty of lures to be found in this area. I'm currenty trying to find lures made by Challenge Tackle Co. of Meadville PA my home town. Found 2 out of the 3 known lures they make on ebay of all places not around here!

JoeW

Meadville! Geez! Familiar grounds!

And the Challenge Tackle Co! i'd like to have all three of their lures, too! I went to an auction in Union City or somewhere near there several years ago. They advertised "old fishing tackle" all the way up here in Buffalo, NY. I went, and one thing I won was an "Adjustable Wing Lure"! I think I bid 20-25 dollars for it, but I HAD to have a lure from Meadville! Still have it! Good luck finding the others-- I didn't know they made three different lures!

And I have many lures in my collection that are valuable only to me. Gifts from friends, relatives, lures that I remember as a boy. The most important thing IS that they mean something to YOU and you're having fun with them. That's the way to do it! Best----- JoeW

Larry

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by korngoood View Post
    I'm currenty trying to find lures made by Challenge Tackle Co. of Meadville PA my home town. Found 2 out of the 3 known lures they make on ebay of all places not around here!
    Boy howdy! That's exactly what I was saying...eBay...there is so much on there it is mind boggling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12