+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line cutter

Phoenix Arizona

Exclamation Line cutter

Here is an ideal line cutter to keep in your tackle box. The plastic credit card sized letter openers with a razor blade cutter in them. The blade is sharp enough to cut braid, and you have no exposed blade so it's safe on a bobbing boat!
    "Channels are cool, but Flatheads rule!"
    ~Outdoor-Fishing Pro Staff~A.C.C.A.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

Thats kinda like i use except mine is a seat belt cutter looks the same just thicker

Permission slip bobbering
    Lil'Can, MN

I generally have a handy pocket knife around.

I keep a pair of fingernail clippers on a lanyard around my neck. Then if I'm on the boat or in my chest waders up to my armpits I have a handy cutting tool available. It's also near impossible to accidentally drop off the apron of your float tube when it's tied around your neck! I keep a spare set in the boat for my backseater just in case.
    Hoss, anonymously

Hmm...looks like everyone has their own handy line cutter...guess I'm no different. I carry my trusty Bill Dance hook remover right in my pocket...it has a line cutter built in.

Hi hoss, and welcome! yep- I carry a retractable lanyard pinned to whatever shirt I'm out wearing, but in addition to the nail clippers, I have a pair of long nosed locking forceps and a wire loop needle threader.

nail clippers: sure beats trying to gnaw through 15 lb mono (although they don't work well on braid)
    forceps: removing hooks, saves fingers and fish!
    needle threader: better than switching back and forth with reading glasses to thread smaller hooks!

Basic, on-the-water tools for me! Best---- JoeW

I have a couple of these in my desk drawer.
    looks like they will have a new home, My tackle boxes.
    If you did not know DA GILLS are my passion !!

There is no loosing in fishing.
    Either you catch fish, or you learn.
    Either way it is better than working!!

Default Anyone have one of these line cutters?

I bought a sweet deal back in January from Fish Itch. It's called a Tailknott'r Angler's Tying tool. It's a patented knot tying tool that ties a patented knot plus at least 30 other knots. It helps me tie strong knots quickly. It also splices line, and cuts line including my braided lines. It also has a built in BOTTLE OPENER and an eyelet for attaching a zinger etc. Of course I only use 4-5 knots for most of my fishing but I'm watching the DVD to see if there are any other applications I can use new knot tying techniques for. My knots are a lot stronger now and that has made the price of admission for this little tool well worth it (I got it for half price as a deal of the week on Fsh Itch.

Western PA

If it was half the price that makes it twice as good.....

I usually use nail clippers, they work great for mono, but not as well for braid. That usually requires the 'ol pocket knife

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast