• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Young Anglers Section

Zig

Cert. Panfish Enthusiast
Just lost a detailed post about this due to timing out, so I'll keep it short:

The Young Anglers section needs re-thought. I just watched a very excited young child get crushed because a reply to his fishing report got deleted.
I believe adult participation needs to be allowed until enough youth get involved for it to be self-sustaining. Right now, it's simply a waste of time for a child to put his/her thoughts into print only to never see a reply.

Panfish is very familiar with how forums operate due to his participation on other angling sites. It's tough for a child to see adults talking about slip bobbers on the same forum that doesn't allow them to converse about a child inspired topic.

Truthfully, doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me either. shrug

Zig

Cert. Panfish Enthusiast
You have no idea what your reply to that fishing report did for the situation here Wilderness. Thank You. :cool:

WildernessWomen

outside, looking 4 cave:)
Hey Sorry, mods and admin are on their computers at different times.
I made them aware of this situation.
Hope it can be changed so the Young Angler can get in there and comment.
:)

Or is it a different post??:confused:

Last edited:

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
The thought behind Young Anglers was for Young Anglers to be able to converse and share experiences with people their own age and Adults if they so choose to. Young Anglers can post Anywhere in the Forum. When Young Anglers forum was first started it got filled with all adult posts. We wanted them to have their own forum. We made the rules so only Young Anglers could post in their forum and stop the amount of Adult replies. But Adults could post in DIY. Its a forum for Young Anglers. I am sorry that Panfish felt crushed but He can post anywhere in the forum. We have had lengthy discussion about the rules for the Young Anglers forum and I feel we came up with rules that fit based on what happened when we first started the Forum for them.

L

Larry

Just lost a detailed post about this due to timing out, so I'll keep it short:
I know just what you mean Zig, this happens to me ALL the time! Is there some way to increase the amount of time you can spend making a post?

Also, The rules say I can't comment on Panfish's report but I see a few comments there. I would like to leave a comment...but will it be deleted?

Zig, have Panfish chime in on the slip bobber conversation in DIY...I've been waiting for one of the kids to comment there. Hopefully I can offer some tips or advise for him...but it sounds to me like he already has a very capable coach!

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
I will check and see if there is a setting for posting time limits. I'll will see if it can be increased.

Until we get more Young Anglers as members it is OK to make posts in reply to a Young Anglers post. BUT lets try and keep the comments and post to a limit.

L

Larry

I will check and see if there is a setting for posting time limits. I'll will see if it can be increased.

Until we get more Young Anglers as members it is OK to make posts in reply to a Young Anglers post. BUT lets try and keep the comments and post to a limit.
Thanks paJNS, I type like a turtle...and lots of times my posts time out on me. The only thing I can do then is start over and scramble on the keys! Then once its on here go back and edit all the mistakes! I understand about the Youth Angler forum...once we get more kids posting us guys can kind of back out and let them enjoy their space!