• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Yellow Bass

bass or bass?

All right!! I'm heading out tomorrow morning :D to Saguaro Lake for yellow bass as well as largemouth, sunfish, and channel cats. Will be out overnight , coming back Saturday afternoon. Some guys caught 81 yellows:eek: Monday at Saguaro. Can't wait, as this will be my last fishing trip before my shoulder surgery on the 7th. Bought 4 dozen minnows yesterday for the yellows. Here fishy fishy fishy!!!! <><

bass or bass?

Hokey Smoke Bullwinkle!!! Now that's a YELLOW bass!!! Nope, I meant the small striped bass that looks like a white bass with a yellow hue to it. By the way, we didn't get any. Or anything else for that matter. :mad:

L

Larry

Yep...this is the critter b or b is referring to:

That photoshop is a hoot...check out this little bass I caught a few days ago...tossed it back to grow...lol

wparker

Yep...this is the critter b or b is referring to:

That photoshop is a hoot...check out this little bass I caught a few days ago...tossed it back to grow...lol

Absolutely love the stripers! When they are on the fall run here in the Fox River (mostly white stripers) we fill the freezers for the winter months. Didn't get out this past fall to slay them, maybe we'll get some through the ice. These stripers are a load of fun on ultra light equipment, especially when your running a bottom jig with a trailer up the line a bit. When you get two on at a time, it's hold on Sally...
WP

L

Larry

That yellow bass real?!?!?!? never seen that ever
Don't buy it D...if that thing is real...monkeys will fly outta my butt!

Seriously though, there are rare yellow largemouth bass, but they are generally a more "mottled" color, like the photo below. That one LMG is showing looks like a photoshoped deal...but who knows?shrug

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
There are many different shades of them. Some are more golden. No photoshop there. Google it, youll see. They are pretty cool looking.

L

Larry

There are many different shades of them. Some are more golden. No photoshop there. Google it, youll see. They are pretty cool looking.
I did google it...that's how I came up with the mottled pic. Could you post a link to the regular marked bright yellow ones? I couldn't find any like that.

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
I did it at home on my comp. Actually typed in Yellow Bass. Hey you pic with the big bass, was it the beard that was photo shoped? Lol.

L

Larry

Nope...my beard is real...it's my chinese cousin here with the fake beard.

Pike Lake Hog.jpg Mo Ding Dong.jpg

L

Larry

Ah ha! Now I see what the trouble was! I clicked on that link that goes to the crappie forum...and I see the term "golden bass"...I was typing in "yellow bass". As soon as I typed in golden bass, I got the same results as LMG. Google yellow bass, you'll see the mottled yellow fish I posted a pic of. So I guess what b or b is fishing for is a yellow bass, and that freak that LMG posted is a golden bass...doh...glad I got this all ciphered out.