• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Winthrop University Park Lake

fanofthereds

Hit this little spot on my way home tonight. Have yet to talk to anyone actually having caught anything, but the trees limbs are littered with bobbers, so something must reside there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394667336.717969.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394667351.865690.jpg

Upon closer inspection, lots a underwater brush holding thousands of baitfish made me curious. So I grabbed my baitcaster, tied on a Booyah Pond Jumper 3/16oz spinner in black and red and tossed it out.

After several casts with slow retrieves, something in the back of my mind heard JR screaming "burn it baby", so I tossed again and brought the heat. . .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394667556.849118.jpg

A few casts later. . .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394667582.699536.jpg

Not a bad first day on this little lake considering the wind was blowing about 15-20mph.

fanofthereds

Another trip late this afternoon after a dental appt and driving lesson with my son.

Had a good trip, landed a 12" largemouth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927502.677693.jpg

And this surprising 2lb 4oz boss.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927538.429343.jpg

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Another lunker in our face!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk