• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Winter Steelhead

sidedrifter

The Winter Steelheading is just getting started here in So. Oregon on the coastal streams we have been having an extreme drought up until the last day or so. Every guide I know is chomping at the bit to get on the water. I just received a text from 2 good friends of mine that are guides and they are fishing the Chetco today and doing well.^!

solitario lupo

TROUT SEEKER
Just getting started sounds a little late. We had some good runs this year in erie that I missed but after snow and ice melts Ill be out there.

BIG BAD BRAD

Floats

A FRIEND CAME BY AND COMPLAINED ABOUT THE PRICE OF GOOD SALMON/ STEELHEAD SLIP BOBBERS. I TOOK HIM OUT TO THE SHOP AND DUG OUT SOME GOOD CEDAR 2X2s, CUT THEM INTO 4 INCH LENGTHS AND TURNED THEM ON THE LATHE. THEN DRILLED THEM WITH A 6 INCH BIT AND STUCK A COFFEE STIR STICK THROUGH THE HOLE. I CUT THE STRAW 1/2 INCH LONGER THAN THE BOBBER AND HEATED IT WITH A TORCH TO SHRINK IT INTO THE HOLE. THEN A GOOD COAT OF LATEX VERITHANE AND SOME SAFETY ORANGE PAINT ON THE TOP AND THEY WERE READY TO FISH!
NO MORE $6+ FOR A BOBBER AND THEY FISH BETTER TOO!
IT IS ALWAYS MORE FUN TO FISH WITH YOUR OWN HAND MADE TACKLE TOO.