• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Will A 2013 GoPro Remote Work On A Hero8 Black?

Originally Designed To Be Paired With The GoPro3 Black!

I needed a remote for my new GoPro Hero8 Black. I found a cheap remote on eBay & i purchased it. The unit was shipped in a plastic wrapper in an envelope. No box, instructions or data of any kind. I wrote back & the company sent me an YouTube link by someone who says he uses "Tricks & Tips" on GoPro products. That video just showed how to turn the remote on & off. I asked the company for a refund, now they're ignoring me. Figures, in the last 6 months they had 100 negative feedbacks & 64 neutrals. Should've looked at their horrible track record before ordering.

They advertised this remote as a GoPro Hero8 Black remote. Found out it was for the GoPro Hero3 Black in 2013 instead. But after toying around with it i found a way to get it to perform. I'm sure if i had the real remote for the Hero8 (button controls are different) that i could access more available functions that the Hero8 unit has. So i made a simple video showing others how to access the basic functions of this GoPro remote.

But if you want to skip ahead to where i show how to "pair" the GoPro to the remote go to 4:36.