• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Whopper Plopper Lure vs a Hungry Bird!

Whopper Plopper Lure vs a Hungry Bird!

Years ago i had a seabird pull my tuna jig out of the water behind my boat but he dropped it back. Today a large Heron type of bird dive-bombed my River2Sea Whopper Plopper 90 surface plug and got stuck on it. Luckily a father & son was fishing off to my left and it took all 3 of us to safely release this angry fowl. He even came back to either stare me down or thank me.

It was a weird day for birds. I took my sandwich out for lunch and a bunch of ducks attacked me, biting my feet & toes. Then a goose chased me as well. I was whipping/spin casting this canal that my buddy Mark Gates showed me this month. Earlier i found a sandy beach that had sardine schools being chased by predators but decided to return in the evening because nothing was hitting.

I left home at dark, returned at dark. No fish or "fish stories", only tall bird "tails". Lol! When i returned to the area where the sardines were, there was no activity. The 2 guys next to me did catch a Trevally & a Barracuda. My legs are sore from walking through the sand at night to parking aways from this area as well. Also hungry as i gave half of my food to a homeless guy.

Not one of my better days but it was nice to be outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfTK_KkTGg

Attachments