• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

How To What's in Your Box?

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
My box is stuffed with Mr. Bunkers (Gags Grabbers), Live Target Menhaden, Spro Bucktails, Berkley 3 in curly tail minnows, and some Deadly Dicks...along with whole bunch of other stuff...but these work well for Stripers and Blues.

fanofthereds

I have an eclectic collection of lures. But my favorites at this time are my Bomber Cranks, Kyoban Spinner and Buzz, and my Strike King Sexy Frog. And although they aren't "lures", I can't go without mentioning my favorite bait, the Strike King Game Hawgs!!!

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
Great selection! I've been a fan of both the Bomber Long A and Chug Bug for a long time. That Chug Bug you show looks as though it has been battle tested and proven worthy!

It's amazing how the big jerkbaits have come in vogue when baits like the Bomber Long A and Smithwick Rouge were there long before it was "cool" to throw a jerkbait. There's so much action you can get out of one of these - or none at all depending upon conditions.

One more that you mention is the jig. I've got a supply of large (3/4 oz.) what I would call Striper jigs. Sometimes they get a Curl Tail Grub while other times they'll just get a straight tail fashioned from a Zoom Finesse Worm or Trick Worm; usually in bright white (Refrigerator White). I just want to give them a chance to ambush the bait. Honestly I don't do a great deal of InShore but you are making me think long and hard how I can perhaps do a little more. Thanks, Jerry A

gratefulred

My box is stuffed with Mr. Bunkers (Gags Grabbers), Live Target Menhaden, Spro Bucktails, Berkley 3 in curly tail minnows, and some Deadly Dicks...along with whole bunch of other stuff...but these work well for Stripers and Blues.
We use the Gulp 4" Swimming Mullet in chartreuse or white for flounder...killer.

gratefulred

Great selection! I've been a fan of both the Bomber Long A and Chug Bug for a long time. That Chug Bug you show looks as though it has been battle tested and proven worthy!

It's amazing how the big jerkbaits have come in vogue when baits like the Bomber Long A and Smithwick Rouge were there long before it was "cool" to throw a jerkbait. There's so much action you can get out of one of these - or none at all depending upon conditions.

One more that you mention is the jig. I've got a supply of large (3/4 oz.) what I would call Striper jigs. Sometimes they get a Curl Tail Grub while other times they'll just get a straight tail fashioned from a Zoom Finesse Worm or Trick Worm; usually in bright white (Refrigerator White). I just want to give them a chance to ambush the bait. Honestly I don't do a great deal of InShore but you are making me think long and hard how I can perhaps do a little more. Thanks, Jerry A
We just jump on the trolling motor and start slinging hardware...all the stuff in a bass bos works in the marsh!

barresi

We use the Gulp 4" Swimming Mullet in chartreuse or white for flounder...killer.
Yes! Spro bucktail tipped with a 3in or 4in Gulp curly tail mullet/grub..is KILLER for Fluke...As I'm writing this, I can't wait for Fluke season to open...:D

dugger

Bronze Member
Good ole gold spoons,doa shrimp and mirror lures, top water Bo Donks for salt! Fresh water I fish almost all the time zoom fat Alberta pumpkin seed or white 3inch grubs sometimes smaller is better too and rap las glass raps ,or walley divers! Jig buck tail jigs white ,green ,or yellow for lake trout

Last edited:

bass or bass?

Recently added ABT Lures 6" Banshee 4 jointed hard swim bait, ABT King Dawg jointed walk-the-dog bait, ABT Hybrid Shad square bill crank bait, Bomber Long A jerk bait, Lunar Lures Armstrong and Buzz popper and lipless crank baits, Northland Mimic Minnow soft swim baits, Proline stand up football jigs to my overflowing tackle boxes. :eek:

Jointed Rapala, lots of surface lures, soft plastic worms, and my newest favorite lure is a shakey head with a Berkley grub on it.

barresi

"Go big or go home Lures and if they dont work just a bunch of different plastics, mostly grubs."
See..that's what I'm talking about!...Big baits=Big Fish! ^!