• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Question? what would you have done

bass or bass?

Think I'd take it to be verified. Any fish that breaks a record is most likely near the end of it's life anyway so why not get the certification?shrug

Last edited:

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Now that is a Crappie. Not sure what I would do until I held a Monster that like in my hands...just sayin.....

Attachments

dugger

Bronze Member
B OR B hit it in the nail, Me ,I would have kept it most likely verify it than bring on the hot grease!being it was a crappie!

Sorry to say, but it would be on the wall! Ive kept plenty to eat, mounted a couple, an let many go but a legit 5 would be hard to pass up for the record. But I get not wanting to kill it, could always do a replica

fanofthereds

I agree that it is hard to say what i would have done unless it had actually happened. But I'd like to think I would have taken all the measurements and released it. Then had a mound done based on the pics and measurements.