• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

What Makes For A Good Sand Spike Rod Holder?

Understanding The Positives & Negatives Of Sand Spikes!

I've been asked by many surf casters abroad what i look for in a sand spike & where to locate a decent sand spike. Most countries rely on cut long sections of PVC tubing. Those are ok for most smaller species. In Florida from Melbourne to Pompano that's the main type of sand spike. I also saw my bud loosing his expensive rig off Pompano using that set-up. So i sent him 3 Hawaiian 1/4in aluminum sand spikes & he loved them!

I'm going to show you what i use & what i wouldn't even touch. Experience of 45yrs of fishing around the World has taught me a lot. I'm sure they're better rigging set-ups out there, i'd love to hear about them. To this day i never lost a rig. Never.