• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Vacation Sailfish

DRMead

Slacker
Hey All,Me and the Mrs. took a short vacation to Ft. Lauderdale Fla. back in Sept.
She surprised me with a short trip out on board the Lady Pamela fleet. We fished off Lauderdale,and I scored pretty BIG. Nailed this Sailfish tea-baggin' cut-bait under a kite rig. She came in at 7 feet to the inch.Yes ,my arms looked like Popeye when we landed her..............NICE!! I did keep her and put 'er on the wall in my den.Here's a couple pics.From left to right,1st Mate Joe,myself, my better half Deb',and another mate on-board(Forgive me I forgot his name.........duh)

Attachments

Last edited:

DRMead

Slacker
Only in the great in Florida :D
That's a pretty outstanding catch, How hard did it fight?
Stingray, Once he figured out he /she was hooked,it was ON!! We battled for 1/2 an hour or so. I have a short video of some battle with a couple jumps. I'll post up
the link shortly. :cool: I'm near ready to re-locate back to Fla.!! ;)

http://youtu.be/Ic9Xmi3SBPY

Last edited:

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
That's a nice catch...definitely a catch of a life time..btw...looks great in the den!

DRMead

Slacker
That's a nice catch...definitely a catch of a life time..btw...looks great in the den!
Thats what the Mrs. said "A catch of a lifetime" and so hanging in the den.
Thanks barresi. ^! Link is posted back in post #5

Last edited:

pillman

Farmer Lake next to Northern Lights Resort has lots of pike in it. It's also a private lake and the owners asked us to harvest the pike because there were too many in the lake.