• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

This will help all of us!

ryanmolnar55

I NEED TO VENT!

A forum to let us vent about things that tick us off during the day/night @ work/home/outdoors/etc..

K

k'az'r

Might not be a bad idea...could be funny!
I know I got a couple that would give ya a chuckle. lol

Not sure it warrants its own forum tho...?
maybe a 'Random Rants' sticky at the top of 'Non Fishing Related Discussion' forum?
Just an idea...throwin' it out there...any input guys?

Espyville Outdoors

Gold Member
I see one problem with it. If someone rants about something, it may offend another person. I know we don't have to read it, but it could be an invitation for conflict. And we don't need that here. But I'm not the boss...so whatever happens, I am okay with it.

Zilch

I agree with E O.

This site is upbeat and friendly with positive and informative posts which I think is great.

ryanmolnar55

I see one problem with it. If someone rants about something, it may offend another person. I know we don't have to read it, but it could be an invitation for conflict. And we don't need that here. But I'm not the boss...so whatever happens, I am okay with it.
Good point. Maybe make some stipulations? either way I wouldn't be upset if it gets denied. lol

Espyville Outdoors

Gold Member
Good point. Maybe make some stipulations? either way I wouldn't be upset if it gets denied. lol
Stipulations will not work either. Every one likes to push the envelope a little...even me sometimes.

The way the world is anymore, one can never be too careful about what is said. Whether it be political, religious, personal or whatever...I don't believe Outdoor-Fishing is the place for "ranting". "Ranting" is better suited for one's Facebook page. Because, more than likely, one's Facebook friends have the same views as them. We don't need to be arguing about the George Zimmerman verdict, gun control, same-sex marriage...I could go on and on. This is a FISHING community.

We have gotten along well for over two years. I see a rant thread or sub-forum as a good way of getting someone banned! And we don't want that. Just like the moniker in the O-F logo says..."a great place to be!" I don't care to have that ruined. I have seen "rant" threads on other forums, and they can get ugly. The moderators, or administrators, on Outdoor-Fishing wouldn't put up with it. Leave that poison on other sites. Don't bring it here.

Being a sponsor of the site, I have to be careful what I post or convey. If I say or type something that offends someone, or I put my personal views on a subject out there, it could hurt my business.

Just my opinion, of course.

Bluegill

I agree completely with Chris---for example, check out the "Dark Side"---mostly bitching and complaining. When it isn't that, it's personal attacks. We don't need that on this site !!!