• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Help text that you have entered is too long

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
I've tried many different ways to post this morning. What I get is "The text that you have entered is too long (18950 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long".

This is nothing but text. MS Word says it is 928 characters with spaces. Here's what I'm trying to post:

Title: Who likes a challenge?

I credit creektroll3 for restarting this line of thought in my military mind (http://outdoor-fishing.com/showthread.php?t=4690). His target specie was identified, the challenge was successful and he shared his triumph with the rest of us here at the Outdoor-Fishing forum. The idea I have rolling around is that one could consider a personal challenge of unlimited bounds. As it is your own challenge you could set anything on your list and there would not have to be a time limit (in a single day, etc.) unless you wanted there to be and even present yourself with an embossed certificate were you so inclined. For instance I could choose to do trout and set out to catch a Rainbow, Brook & Brown Trout. With catfish it could be Blue, Flathead & Channel. You get the idea. Hoping that I, along with creektroll3, have inspired you take a minute to think about what your list might include also take time to share it here to motivate the rest of us.

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
OK I have drilled down to this... I can reply to a thread using FireFox but in order to start a new thread I cannot be in my FireFox 23.0.1 (Yahoo) browser.

It works fine with Windows Internet Explorer 9.

Google Chrome Version 29.0.1547.62 m works well too - reply or post.

No problem on this end I just need to use a different browser.

Thanks, Jerry A

Last edited:

Espyville Outdoors

Gold Member
OK I have drilled down to this... I can reply to a thread using FireFox but in order to start a new thread I cannot be in my FireFox 23.0.1 (Yahoo) browser.

It works fine with Windows Internet Explorer 9.

Google Chrome Version 29.0.1547.62 m works well too - reply or post.

No problem on this end I just need to use a different browser.

Thanks, Jerry A
Use Google Chrome...and you shouldn't have a problem!