• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Steelhead Here I Come!

Banned
Heading to Erie in the morning to try and catch some Steelhead. Their on my "To Catch" list, and tomorrow just sounds like a good day to do it. Any pointers from the pro's?

solitario lupo

TROUT SEEKER
Get some minnows. A Buddy just caught them on a white trout magnet a couple weeks ago. Fish the deeper holes. We caught them higher up on elk. good luck

Zilch

ArrowTempest and I tried for steelies a couple hours ago and each of us had a good strike. Dang them buggers are quick, no hook ups. We were river fishing in the current using a night crawler behind a bright bead, hers was chrome and mine red.
How many others have to use barbless hooks when fishing for steelhead?

Banned
Do they chase lures? I know early in season you usually dont use lures for trout, but live bait. I have only fished for steelies 1 other time and that was 10-15 years ago. Minnow's are definately on the list.

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Good luck tomorrow Turks...I want to see a lunker in someones face!! :D RTD

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
Vito I thought you would like the RTD in red duct tape on me. Though it does look like RID. Fingers were too froze and I was too tired to make it perfect, but you catch the gist of it.

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Way to go Turks...looks like something...I can't figure it out...:D

L

Larry

I saw O'neill Williams do that on a Big Green Egg...how did it eat?