• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Help Something's missing

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Ok, the past few days I've been having a problem posting a video in the forums, so it shows as a video, not a link. Pork and Mo helped out. But as I was digging around I noticed something. Most of the time the 3rd box under ADDITIONAL OPTIONS is missing.
This is what it should look like:

This is what I get most of the time. And it happens on all 3 of my installed browsers..CHROME, FF and IE 64bit and 32bit

Maybe the TECH can figure this one out or any one else??

Last edited:
K

k'az'r

Ok...I did a little checking around...try this:

Go to your Control Panel
Go to 'settings & options' on the left
Go to 'edit options'
All the way at the bottom, under 'Misc. Options'...
read that & if you're not set to 'Enhanced Interface' ~ set it to that.

If you're already set to Enhanced Interface...
I have no idea.shrug:eek:

Tech Admin

The Tech Support Dude...
Can you try again and let me know?
Does it happen only in existing threads? Brand new ones? Where did the screenshot with the option come from?

barresi

Hey Tech..I took the screen shots from my laptop using my phone. The "Automatically Embed Media" box seems to come and go as it pleases. It happens on new threads (when i start a new thread) and replying to an existing thread. Sometimes a youtube video will post as a link and sometimes it post as a video. Is it possible to install a BB code for youtube? I think with a BB code installed, it won't be hit or miss if a video posts as a link or actual video. Oh..BTW..thanks for getting Tapatalk back!!

L

Larry

OK...looks like today it's my turn at having no "automatically embed media" box!:mad: Sure enough...all my video posted as was a link.doh Gimmie a break...My name ain't moshlep linkmiester!

barresi

Well glad to see I'm not the only one...for a moment I thought I was going crazy with this...Seems the only way to get a video to post as a VIDEO is when that box "Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on) appears. And that box seems to have a mind of its own. I tried serveral times this morning to help Mo to get his video to post as a video, no dice...link only. It shouldn't be that difficult to post a video, to show up as a video...but for some reason vBulletin makes it difficult. This is what I found..."vBulletin lacks a native functionality to embed YouTube videos". Tech or Admin should read this post from geekpoint.net http://www.geekpoint.net/threads/youtube-bbcode-vbulletin.3877/
It should take about 5 mins..and then we won't have a youtube video posting problem.

barresi

Ok, I'm taking this a step futher...Here's a VIDEO on how to install a bb code for vBulletin. It's so simple, even ww can do it! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYKF_JkEWI
So with this tutorial video and reading the text I previously posted...There shouldn't be a doubt as to how to install a custom youtube bb code. And shocking..the video posted as a link...:confused:

barresi

Thank you Pa! That little code will make the forums a much easier viewing experience..and posting videos will be no problem..Thanks again!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2