• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Question? "Schedule of Events"???

Espyville Outdoors

Gold Member
I don't particularly like to follow a "schedule" on any type of trip. But when there is a larger group of people getting together, a few "scheduled" events would help build camaraderie and, hopefully, some lasting friendships!!!

I have a few ideas to throw out to everyone. Nothing major, just trying to get some ideas. The more feedback we have on this topic, the easier my preparations will be.

"SCHEDULED EVENT IDEAS"

1. Scheduled breakfast and dinner/campfire
  2. Scheduled breakfast only
  3. Scheduled dinner/campfire only
  4. No schedule at all

People will eat regardless of a scheduled time. But my thoughts on a "scheduled" breakfast would be to come up with a game plan for the day. And have the "scheduled" dinner/campfire to hang out and tell fish stories.

I plan on supplying breakfast for everyone on Saturday and Sunday. Farm-fresh eggs (chicken or duck), bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, pancakes and coffee.

If everyone is wants to get together in the evening for dinner and a campfire, some ideas would be great, as far as what people would like to eat. That way we can plan on how to get everything set up. Bringing food would not be necessary. There are three grocery stores within 10 miles of the shop. We can get an idea of what everybody would like to have and go from there.

My only suggestion would be that whatever we decide, take up a "collection" via my Paypal account...that way I can have everything here and ready to go. So we aren't running around for half a day picking everything up!!!!

Just some thoughts!!! We have PLENTY of time for planning!!!

L

Larry

I like the idea of scheduled meals...we are coming to spend time together...might as well do it.:D As far as the food selection...you cook it Captain Spaulding...and I'll eat it!^! I have faith in your selections. I like the idea of chipping in by PayPal too...great idea.

H

Halfa

awesome guys. I like the Breakfast and dinner idea.. maybe one of each or scheduled every day. collecting money up front is great idea.

Bluegill

I like the breakfast / dinner idea---strategy planning at breakfast, and bragging (or lying) at dinner. LOL

K

k'az'r

Sounds like a heck of a shin dig in the works here!^!
I'd be happy to donate a smoker o' pork, if no one's opposed.:D

~it always gets pretty good reviews.;)

H

Halfa

also, some people like to fish early morning from sun up to lunch time, I know I do in the early summer. sometimes the bite ends by 11 or so. I would keep that in mind as some may not want to make the scheduled breakfast.

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
also, some people like to fish early morning from sun up to lunch time, I know I do in the early summer. sometimes the bite ends by 11 or so. I would keep that in mind as some may not want to make the scheduled breakfast.
Thats true..I'm flexable..I'll go with the flow.. :D
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

L

Larry

Is Pork feelin' well?...would we mind a smoker full of pork??:eek: Great idea brother!^!

L

Larry

Also...I think we can wait 'til close to time for the meet to decide between breakfast and being out there. Let the locals tell us when is the best time to be out...then we can decide between a group breakfast or lunch.:D

stgfish

I like the idea of a Dinner/Campfire to end a Saturday. I don't like to have to be somewhere in the morning at a certian time,except on the water for that morning topwater bite. That's my input.

H

Halfa

mo, good thinking. and Pork, if anyone would say no to that offer, they'd be crazy. Great Idea. Luv smoked Pork.

W

Walleyejustin

based on my pymie experiences i like to get out on the lake pretty early, BUT i do love me my bacon and eggs early in the mornin on the weekends :D. this is gonna be a tough one, walleye tend to bite early and bass go thru the day, but i think itll go well no matter what... and I am droolin over that smoker of PORK!^!

the dinner/campfire is a good time/way to get to know each other.My two cents

Last edited:
P

Pegsguy

Why not early fishin and a late brunch? Just sayin....... Morning plans can be made around the fire the night before.