• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Saginaw Bay

walleyeking67

<><The perch fishing is the best we've had in years on the Saginaw Bay been out almost every day i can get out the average fish is 10-12 in with alot in the 14-15 in range get out there before the walleye push the perch in to hiding good luck<><

rr mike

Where at on the Bay Ive heard in front of state park and also all the way out to #1? I will be out Friday. You get your minnows at Franks or closer?

walleyeking67

ive been going out the channel to bouys 1-2 but have done well at the spark plug as well stay to the east side of channel also the black hole but is a little farther west

walleyeking67

if out from the state park go to the first marker nice perch but alot of golbies about 12-13 fow im on the kawkawlin river and there is a few nice perch coming up the river

walleyeking67

ive been going out the channel to bouys 1-2 but have done well at the spark plug as well stay to the east side of channel also the black hole but is a little farther west
and i do buy my minnow at franks or the state park party store try to get as many shinners as you can or you can use alittle piece of a small perch good luck

rr mike

I am going out Thursday morning instead of Friday. Will start at the water intake and see where that leads, depending on the bite and the water if I dont get any nice perch I will move out to the plugs.

rr mike

I was out for 3 hours Tried state park for a bit, then the spark plug and then out to 1 and 2 got 14 and they were just starting to bite good when I had to leave at noon.

rr mike

Going to try the Bay tomorrow. Ive not been out since the heat came on. Hoping I can find some walleye but taking a bucket of minnows for perch too. Was doing well on walleye past Spark Plug and to east a bit. Since the heat wave not sure where they are going to be. "C-Theapy standing by on channel 68"

Yeah between 1 and 2 is were I have gotten them also been a long time since I have seen them this consistent in size and numbers.

rr mike

On the Bay today for some perch/walleye action. Changing wind from SW to S to W and reports of 4 footers at 1 and 2 I stayed over to the Linwood side in about 12-13 ft of water looking for perch around the crib. Nothing so we moved a little north until I found some large bait balls on the fish finder we dropped anchor and the perch were there but slow, we got 10 nice ones with 4 between 11-12 inch class. We then broke out the trolling rods and crawlers and quickly got 4 walleye but only 1 keeper. I did get a nice smallie 3.8 lb and 20 inches on a perch rig picture will be on the freshwater photo post.