• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Review Product Reviews of Sponsors.

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Here is where you can post YOUR review of Sponsors Products you have purchased or were Lucky enough to Win in a Giveaway/Contest.

B

Bradley

Swing Oil Baits - I got a bag of the Hog Head Jr's in the Junebug pattern and they have been GREAT! I have caught many largemouths on them and even a few other species (including this big black crappie and nice smallmouth from the OF Member's Meet). They are a creature bait similar to a newt or lizard. Super soft plastic with lots of play and action.

Swing Oil makes a big variety and will accommodate your color needs. I want to get some of the full sized Hog Heads next.

Attachments

bass or bass?

Wow! Where to begin!
I guess first of all, I have a passel of soft plastics in many different styles from Toadfrog Baits and they are all terrific! My favorites so far are the Snakehead Lizards and Snakehead Curlytail Worms. I just ordered a dozen each of these in watermelon/red sparkle after trying a few samples Toadfrog sent me.

Another great bait I have gotten here is the Death Shimmer spinnerbaits. I have these in several different colors and several different blade configurations. Awesome spinnerbaits.

For fly fishing for bass, the Grim reaper of Bass flies are great! I bought 3 of them and love them. Kind of like a fly/jig mutation!

I have more sponsor's items that I haven't had time yet to test.

Thank you to all the Outdoor-Fishing sponsors! ^!

K

k'az'r

Finally got a chance to get on the water today.
Was the first 'real' trip since the meet (and all our goodies)
I started out like I normally would...live bait on 2 rods.
Action was slow, and by slow...I mean non existent. shrug
Could hear thunder way off in the distance, and a light rain started...
I noticed a lot of fish feeding near the surface, so decided to try one of my door prizes I got from the meet.
Tied on a Dynamic Lures ~ HD Trout, in bubblegum....http://www.dynamiclures.com/products/hd-trout/
and proceeded to hammer the fish for the next 1/2 hour-45 minutes...
until the Mrs. decided she'd gotten wet enough... :p

The action of this lil lure in the water made all the difference IMO.
TOTALLY different than any rapala I've ever used...
has a nice slow sink when paused, and an erratic dart when started back up...
Also has a good wobble when steadily retrieved...
Had hits on 5 casts in a row...and landed 3 of the 5. ^!
Also landed a smallmouth & had another come unbuttoned in the air.
I know one of the misses was a HOG channel cat...good bit bigger than the one below...
took me right to the thickest weeds & was off.
Anyway...check these out...if I can get channel cats & perch with em...
they should catch about anything with fins. <>< :cool:

B

Bradley

Fished some Road Runner jigs this morning at the creek on my ultra light rig. Fished them straight and also under a bobber. Caught lots of fish both ways. The action these jigs get is great. They kill the crappies every time!

Attachments

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Good review boys...You guys are definitely getting better at the hero shots! ^!

dugger

Bronze Member
Love the spoons!

Want to show off the sweet spoons I was lucky enough to win !!!!! Thanks guys I think my lake trout are gonna like those and I'll see if those muskies like that orange one I'm sure they will !

Last edited:

dugger

Bronze Member
Yeppers Vito will do what's not to like about those spoons! And b or b you got to see these spoons up close they really some slab slayers for sure can't wait to fish them!

Bubblegum

Fished an Adams custom Lures AC6D in supershad made about 5 or 6 cast and caught a 2 1/2-3lb Chain Pickerel.It was a tough day on the water.I know most of you would say not so tough water temp
was 48 degrees with a light wind out of the east.Low temp was 24 degrees,high was around 50 degrees.I had already thrown everything buy the kitchen sink with no bites,feel real good about Adams Custom Lures/If you haven't already tried them you should!

bass or bass?

I purchased some Salamander Sinkers @ 1 month ago. Tried them out and forgot to post a review. Being long and slender, like a pencil, they are far less likely to snag in rocky structure while bottom fishing for channel catfish. I didn't lose a single rig all weekend. I recommend Salamander Sinkers for anyone who bottom fishes in rocky environments. ^!

Bubblegum

On May 1st 2014 while pre fishing for the Association of Louisiana Bass Clubs Best Six Tournament on Toledo Bend I pulled out an Adams Custom Lures AC Vibe in Natural Perch.I caught fish almost every other cast,nothing really big and nothing really small.

Last edited:

CastAwayKay

Skeeter's Batter it up!

We received a couple bags of Skeeter's Batter it up at the member's meet last week and I finally got to use it. The whole family really liked it, I used the lemon mustard on some bluegills and crappies. My daughter was actually stealing pieces before dinner was served and that's saying something! you can really taste the lemon and the color and texture was perfect! also, it didn't make my oil all gross like the cornmeal breading. (haha yeah that matters to me)

Attachments

dugger

Bronze Member
Forgot to let every one know the walleyes I caught were on some of Toadfrog's new blue and white grubs and a lime green freaky color grub he sent me ! Will be testing out my spoons I won Sunday, lakers beware!

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Skeeter's Batter It Up...Walleye, zucchini and onion rings...all deep fried with Skeeters...Delicious!uploadfromtaptalk1402799677949.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well fished about 3 hrs an my bass hole was super high an muddy still. Got 2 hook ups heres a pic of the first one, the second fish did a classic tailwalk on a short leash an threw the hook. It, as usual, looked like a bigger fish haha. Got em on a Swing Oil 1/4 oz. watermelon red swing jig dressed with a Bass Kandi T craw in watermelon red.

Attachments

Fished a local pond on Wednesday. Has mostly smaller bass but it was the only water around that wasn't high and muddy. Ended up with 8 bass. Was throwing a Lure Concepts 1/4 oz silver blue shad spinnerbait and the bass were all over it! Cant wait to try it on different waters. Also throwing a Bite it baits ninja worm in black pumpkin on a weighted worm hook as a follow up bait. Awesome worm, plenty of action if you want to hop it or finesse it on a shaky head. Got a few pics

Attachments