• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Pier Fishing For Bonefish!

Landed The Bonefish Thanks To Okuma & Gorilla Grip Gloves!

Earlier i caught 2 Pufferfish so when the strike bell rang i was expecting the same type of fish. But this time there was more weight so i knew i had something different. I was aching from a crushed thumb & punctured foot so was glad it was a small fish. My friend Chef Charley had asked me for another Bonefish "O'io" so since it was over the 14in legal size limit i didn't release it. I normally don't keep my fish unless a friend asks me for one.

I had the chance to use a Gorilla Grip glove that was being featured at iCast 2019 at Orlando a few weeks ago. They're extremely light weight & thin. The advertisements show that wet slippery fish will not "slip" off when properly held. Bonefish are extremely powerful fighters. This one was only 16in but i was able to grip it while wet & it couldn't flip itself off. Will use them again on my next outing.

My buddy Dustin Jed had a huge strike (5:42 time frame on this video) just before sunset. Whatever it was it took off without stopping. Eventually when the leader snapped the line showed multiple frays & had a clean cut above the hook. It was nice to chat with fellow bowler Rudy that afternoon.