• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Gallery Photos/Stories of the Traveling OF Towel

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Here is where Members can post their Photos and Stories with the Traveling OF Towel.

Just wanted to post an update on the traveling towel. I took it to Erie on a steelhead trip. The fishing was slow but I did land a nice fresh 24" Steelie while the towel was with me, but I forgot to take spare batteries for the camera. So dumba$& me doesn't have any pic's. If the weather's not to bad this weekend might try to make another trip.

Here's my update of the OF Traveling Towel. Due to the weather here in western PA and me working overtime I didn't make as many trips out fishing that I wanted too. But I did make it out this past saturday for a little fishing. The towel was with me and brought me luck again, I landed 122 perch and 8 nice gill's. I only kept the male's and gill's. The OF Towel is on it's way to Turk8806 as I type this, and I hope he has the same luck I had. Here's a couple pic's of my results from saturday.

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Good Deal Creektroll. Way to start the OF Towel off. Thanks for sharing your pics and passing the Towel on. Pressure is on Turks....LOL

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Here are a few pics with the towel...first pic is the canal where I dock my boat in Howard beach, NY...Second pic is with a nice lunker...

L

Larry

Son of a gun...had the towel along on our last time out...but forgot about it 'til it was almost dark. Here is one pic with a bluegill, I try to get more shots of it next time out.

002.JPG

L

Larry

Well...had another stellar day at the lake. Had three fish hooked and on camera...and they all shook off.:rolleyes: Then this one pictured...when I set the hook the line tangled around the rod tip...so I had to hand~line him in!doh One thing for sure...I'm building up a heap of bloopers...move over Bill Dance.:p At least I had the towel on my shoulder.:D

001 (2).JPG

Mustache

Sorry no report yet for the month of July ......between the weather and work all I get to do is look at my boat...hope to change that soon !!!!

desert rat

Stache, I have great faith in you. I know you will get out there and then will make up for the time you lost because of that ugly 4 letter word and make it seem so easy.

Mustache

O K I am convinced ....THIS THING IS CURSED......started out to fish this morning .Loaded the boat hooked up ready to go .../2 mile down the road doesn't seem to be pulling right get out to check....

O K pull wheel off ,unhook boat run home put air in and check....no such luck ....big bubble in side wall..OK to the tire shop ..no new tires ...but found a used one ..OK I will take it 15 bucks out the door I go.
Back to trailer put wheel back on get to river launch run about a mile up stream start to fish now everything is good ....wait now comes the rain...45 min shower good and wet.....I am on the water I am stayin its my day to fish!!!!

My son hooks up with one ..great man its on now what does he catch....

PICKERAL >>>>>>Ugggghhhh don't tell me my son might be related to Dub ...

Dub where were you 18 years ago ???

L

Larry

ROFLMAO...that is a great story 'stache old buddy...but that there ain't no pickerel...its a gar!^!