• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Gallery Photos/Stories of the Traveling OF Tie

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Here is where Members can post their Photos and Stories with the Traveling OF Tie.

desert rat

finally got home to pick up the tie. didn't have time to do any freshwater fishing at home but have the tie with me on truck. am sitting less than 100 yards from the river in Charleston, WV and can't get to the river because of the tank farm between me and it. ( as charlie brown would say AAAARRRGGGHHHHH) Hopefully will be back in Tx next week and can take some down time to fish.

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Here's a few pics of DR with the O-F traveling tie. Congrats on his first RED FISH! Way to go DR...Sporting the O-F tie and Red Fish! RTD!! :D

Last edited:

desert rat

Took the "Tie" out again tonight thought I was gonna get skunked with the 15-20 mph winds, only caught 2 shrimp for bait, no bait fish. So I figured I got 2 shrimp may as well use them. lost one to something faster than i was and put on my last shrimp. I didn't take a picture of the lunker 4" croacker i caught with it but decided to use the lunker for bait ( good Idea by the way) Something hit it but i missed. Threw it back out and sat..... moved it every few minutes...... as i was getting ready to call it a night I got a solid hit. This wasn't a drum or croacker as it put up a decent fight. I got it in and here is something to make the "Tie" (and Pa) proud. I even got our unofficial member flat katie in a couple of pics. so now, I have you saying "shut up already" here is my little fishy
I think I done good. :)

L

Larry

Holy mackerel! That's the biggest sea trout I've ever seen...those guys on TV brag about a little 15 incher. Awesome DR...in their face! BTW...the hat rules too!! ^!

barresi

Now your just showing off DR...:D Great job buddy! Awesome Catch!! ^!
RTD

desert rat

Naw, Had to do it for Bass or Bass, we had to start off the tie with some good juju and i did the best i could. I am headed for 20 mi. west of Detroit to unload thurs am then back to tx, will see if i can give them a bit more luck.
I am gonna hate giving up the tie tho.... i did my best to "sport" it proud. I have caught a couple 15-16 inch Black drum, croackers and that red, but as soon as they were hooked they gave up the fight but not the bass.He was fun, put up a good fight.

desert rat

I tried to put one of my pics of the sea trout on the DS and i went over there to inshore S/W and wrote a nice story and tried to put the pic in and it wouldn't let me attach the pic and they only allow 500 kb. don't know if i did something wrong but will see if i can get the 3 lead posting guru's to help me ( Yup, that is Mo, Vito and Bass or Bass)

desert rat

The "Tie" is on it's way to Az even as I write this. I almost couldn't find it in my truck but i finally did.
Bass or Bass, i hope you have great luck and a bunch of fun like I did.
Take care and God Bless, DR

B

Bradley

Well, you sure christened it well dr. ^! The pressure is on the guys behind you.

barresi

The pressure is on b or b...sport the tie proudly...and catch a fish while your at it.
RTD

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bass or bass?

the "Tie" news

The further adventures of the traveling tie. The tie went to Bartlett Lake Arizona this time. I had motor issues with my boat and we couldn't make it to the spot I wanted to fish so we beached the boat next to the two pontoons you see in photo #1. About 6 hours before we arrived at the lake, the owner of the brown and tan pontoon boat (the farther boat,named "Here Kitty Kitty"), "Flathead Ed", caught the new Arizona record flathead catfish, 76.5 pounds, breaking a 25 year record!!!!! WOW!!!
I alternated between the O-F tie and the NAFC tie, one hour each with no results. Then I went with the double tie for double the good joojoo.In the second photo, after @ 10 hours of fishing, I landed the monster you see in photo #2! A short time later Danny landed one just like it. During the day, Danny also landed 5 small bluegills and a 8" bass. I took a nap from @ 8:30 pm to 12:30 am, when I woke up, re-baited my channel cat rods, and put a bluegill on my flathead rod. Fished for 3 hours and went back to sleep. At 4:30 my flathead reel clicker started singing. I checked the rod, assured there was a fish there, then left it alone and went back to sleep with the reel engaged. Danny took the photos #3 &#4 of the 6.75 pound channel cat that took my flathead bait. Very little fight on my flathead rod, and a real dissapointment after "Flathead Ed's" achievement!! It was cold overnight and I put on my Cabela's camo sweatshirt, so you can't see the ties, but they are there none the less.
Photo #5 shows the scenery directly across the lake from our camp site.
So, that's my fishing report for 4-12/13-13.
Now, I need to get my Evinrude tuned up for the next trip. Happy Fishing all!

Attachments

Last edited: