• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Oak Orchard NY conditions...

J

JoeW

Don't understand your question, but as far as I know, yes you can. felts are great on slippery rocks. Best---- JoeW

John T.

Gold Member
Don't understand your question, but as far as I know, yes you can. felts are great on slippery rocks. Best---- JoeW
there are states banning felt wading shoe ,because of the vhs virus ,Maryland is one of them and i think Pa. is going to be. wasn't shure about N.Y.

J

JoeW

Hi JohnT--- I did a quick look for felt soles banned in NY, and all I found was the "future possibility" of them being banned in the Catskills. Glad you asked- I wasn't aware that some states had banned them! And also thanks--- NY fish license expires TODAY! I'll be running out to get one. Hey--- Good luck to you! Best---- JoeW

Last edited:

John T.

Gold Member
your welcome,,, glad i could help
as of right now they are banned in Maryland , Vermont , and Jan 1 2012 Alaska.

Last edited: