• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

NY Featured Fish!

J

JoeW

In a state that brags about it's Smallmouth, Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, Pike, and Musky fishing, look what's on the cover of this years rules and regulations booklet! That ought to make you cat catchers smile! And inside, there's a featured article on another fish "of a different sorts"! Glad to see the DEC breaking a little away from the norm. Best---- JoeW

Attachments

toadfrog

Gold Member
I always heard Grennel were trash fish taste nasty like gar. By the way a guy caught a state record gar the other day 190 lbs. Big fat and ugly fish.

bass or bass?

Yeah, love to see promotion of catfishing. After catching that 6 pounder on my 5/6 weight fly rod I've decided to set up my old 10 weight salt water fly rod that I bought in 1966 to use for cat fishing. :cool: I haven't used that rod since the year I bought it!

dugger

Bronze Member
And thanks Joe I have caught a bUnch of those in Texas growing up, yup we called trhem Grinnal ggreen slimy teeth to beware of!!

cwd

I think that cat would look better fried and on my dinner plate with some hushpuppies and cole slaw
nice fis, but better dinner. yum yum