• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Alert! New Chat Room

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
New chat installed today doesn't seem to be working or compatable with a (my) mobile device. I'm using Sprint HTC Evo Android. Old chat system worked fine, no issues..new chat wont allow me into chat. Wondering if anyone else using a mobile device is having this problem?

StingRay

#Team StingRay
I'm having the problem with my iPod touch 4th gen.

I don't think that they enabled the chat to detect mobile devices.

Troyfish

Raymond Troy Hopson
It's not working for me at all, not even on my laptop or computer. Liked the old system MUCH better, maybe if it starts working Ill like it more.

StingRay

#Team StingRay
It's pretty buggy, Give it some time. I'm sure there's going to be some kinks that are going to have to be worked out.

If your chat is not showing up at all, Click on Home and refresh your page a couple of times that seems to be working for me.

Tech Admin

The Tech Support Dude...
Hello Troy,
Can you explain what exactly isn't working for you? Can you not see the chat, or are you unable to type a message or....

Screenshots would be great as well.

I do see you in the chat system and sent you a hello message....

L

Larry

I tried to log on the chat...and Foghorn Leghorn popped out of my 'puter and shoved a clown head on a stick down my throat!:eek:

Last edited:

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Message from Tech:
it is installed, although I still have some work to do to it...

todo:
all pages
theme
options.

SO general chat is working and working well. The rest of the features will be installed when Tech has time. Mobile Chat also is awaiting future installs also.

And the bottom of the pages you will see Chat Rooms. Click on that and then click on General chat it takes you into Chat.

Troyfish

Raymond Troy Hopson
@tech Well, nothing will load at all. I'll click "Chat Rooms" and it will load, and load, and load some more, and nothing ever pops up.

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
Where the controls for the Old chat was there is a bar....shows chatrooms chat. You click on chatrooms and it will show general chat.

Troyfish

Raymond Troy Hopson
I DO click on the "Chat Rooms" button, all it does is give me a "Loading..." message and then I sit forever waiting for something to pop up. I haven't spoken with anybody on the site since the new chat was installed. shrug I'd like to though...

L

Larry

I was just trying to get you in Private Chat Troy...did you see it?

Troyfish

Raymond Troy Hopson
I don't use Chrome, it crashes on this computer. I use Firefox.
@mo, No I didn't, nothing popped up at all.

Espyville Outdoors

Gold Member
can't understand why Chrome crashes your computer???

It even acts goofy with Firefox...

I am willing to bet that the "NEW" chat is "Google-based"...meaning it performs best using Google Chrome. I do not know that for sure...but I would put money on it!

I have NO problem running it with Chrome. Nor do I have any computer crashing issues. You may want to use a good hard drive cleaner, such as ccleaner. It is a free download, and cleans "everything".

Give it a shot!!! Just a suggestion...but I bet it works!!!

Last edited:

Tech Admin

The Tech Support Dude...
How do I get my avatar to show up on the chat? :confused:

Work in progress
I DO click on the "Chat Rooms" button, all it does is give me a "Loading..." message and then I sit forever waiting for something to pop up. I haven't spoken with anybody on the site since the new chat was installed. shrug I'd like to though...
Do you have javasript turned off? Running no script firefox addon by any chance? What version of FF? It is straight javascript+jquery

I don't use Chrome, it crashes on this computer. I use Firefox.
@mo, No I didn't, nothing popped up at all.
Really sorry to hear your issue. Lets work together and figure this out...

can't understand why Chrome crashes your computer???

It even acts goofy with Firefox...

I am willing to bet that the "NEW" chat is "Google-based"...meaning it performs best using Google Chrome. I do not know that for sure...but I would put money on it!

I have NO problem running it with Chrome. Nor do I have any computer crashing issues. You may want to use a good hard drive cleaner, such as ccleaner. It is a free download, and cleans "everything".

Give it a shot!!! Just a suggestion...but I bet it works!!!
Not google based.