• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Nesika Hit & Miss Strike! Next Time!

Nice Strike In Stormy Conditions! Even A Lightning Strike!

It was actually storming for awhile. Winds & the rain actually was moving horizontal at times. I had to put my back-up action camera in a plastic bag & rubber banded it closed. I was using the 12ft Nesika Surf Casting Rod by Okuma w/a Blue Azores 6K Spinning Reel. I was blinded for awhile because i think lightning struck the water.

I was targeting O'io "Bonefish" with a double tandem rig using cut large Ika "Squid". After i threw out the 1st rig it took a good strong strike while i was working on the 2nd rig. I think the electrical surge in the air disrupted my action cam, it was separating my videos and duplicating others after that strike. My UW Spydro Camera won't recharge correctly & the images are slightly hazy. It's basically dead to me now. My land action back-up cam is charging-up but will have to try recording after i wake up, not feeling "normal".

Not sure what the fish was but it covered a large area in a short time. I couldn't even slow it down. It immediately started for deeper water before spitting the hook. It was extremely fast & powerful. Well, there's always a next time.

(I think i'm having some issues from that lightning strike. Both of my cams are having problems).