• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Near Dead Turtle Rescued!

The Heat Was Terrible & It Didn't Move For Hours-Thought It Was Dead At First!

I noticed what i thought was a dead turtle before sunrise. I could see nesting tracks of another turtle alongside this one. After +4hr i was thinking this one died from the strain of laying eggs. When i walked over the shell & skin was bone dry & the eyes covered w/a mucus skin covering. Not good. It had shark attack marks as well. When i moved it there was no life until i picked it up. Then it slowly started to resist so i turned it around facing the ocean.

A week ago i was asked to leave Bellows Beach Park due to the Marines having drills on the beach. The guy in charge was pissed i was there & asked me how i got by the guard. I said "what guard"? A public relations officer chatted w/me after noticing others coming in. I was asked not to take pics & to kindly leave the area. No problem. Then the guy in charge came back again & explained turtles are nesting so me out there might be trampling on turtle nestings of eggs.

Ok, so i pointed out the amphibious tank on the beach (the same one they were field testing at Keehi Lagoon a week earlier) and i said "like your tank is doing now"? Boy, the look i got from him while i was walking back to my car:)