• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

My Favorite Popping Jig Rig!

Okuma's All Purpose Shoreline Rig!

Okuma's HCS 9'6" Shoreline Plugger & Rockaway 6K Long Distance Spinner has been released for 2020. I've been using this combo since January & i call it my all purpose rig. Besides popping lures & tossing irons i also bait cast with this rig. I kept the original 50lb braid on it. Not only does the balance feels good but i've hooked monster Bonefish & Eagle Rays field testing it.

Today i used 2oz jigs from the shoreline. Not the normal intent but it works. I'll demonstrate my casting techniques to showing how i piece everything together & the knots i use. I really love tossing irons with this rig! The last part i'll demonstrate an earlier popping day using a 1.6oz surface lure.

Normally i'd use different gear for jigging, popping & bait casting. Rarely does one find the same equipment that can handle all 3, but this combo can. The 9 + 1 guides says it all. I would classify this combo as a medium rated rig. I'm glad it's now available for all to use & cherish.