• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Link Man! How to catch Tarpon!

J

JoeW

Geez--- never caught one! But would sure like to give them a try on a fly rod! But out of maybe a 20 foot skiff or something! They must not have any teeth or sharp spines, eh?

What do you think Sharps--- a little 7 foot Leonard flea rod and a 6X tip?

Whew! I'm tired just watching the vid! Best---- JoeW;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa8WjVnfCQc&feature=related"]Tapâm - a flyfishing journey trailer 2 - YouTube[/ame]

bass or bass?

I used to fish for them with a heavy Garcia Conolon fly rod with a Pflueger Medalist 1498 reel and GAAF floating line, 200 yards of 20 pound test backing, and a big (4") white streamer fly.

repair

It's one of those fish that is no good to eat but is great to catch.
The gill plates are the problem on these, wire leaders are the answer to the gill plates.

dugger

Bronze Member
I used to use pin fish with a circle hook or big white 4 or 6 inch swim baits never used a fly rod although its defently on the ole bucket list as Iv'e seen them caught on the TV and looks like a hoot!,one of the best fighting fish I've ever sunk a hook into!!!

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Any of our southern members been fishing for the "silver king" of late? That's is definitely on my bucket list...