• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Mad River In OHIO

Me and pops got the fly rods out yesterday and hit bout 5 miles of the Mad River in north Centeral Ohio. Didn't catch a darn thing. got to see a good amount of fish. The water so low they all in the small DEEPer pools anything over 2.5-3 foot had fish in it. They just to spooked to eat anything I had in my box.BUT, we both spent time with each other and that worth more than any fish.

Razor

-PROFESSIONAL-
Thanks for the report! It probably wil take the fish a couple of days to get used to the depth... Does the depth change over time?

I never tried fly fishing before... but i've seen other guys do it.

river depth

me and he floated the Mad 3 weeks ago and the level bout the same , this is 1 of 3 cold water rivers in Ohio all are Spring feedand stay bout the same temp all year A fellow stoped and chatted with us at lunch, and showed some of the flys he was fixin to use and I had none anything close , He say he pullin in 18-26 inch Browns on Tube flys, I don't have the coins to pick up a tube vice so I'll just keep making my nymphws,and drys for the Deschutes in Or. can't wait for the day i have the $$$$$ to go back WEST