• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Video Lure Carving videos 1 thru 0

dbarnett1

Bronze Member
I was sittin' around the house this past weekend and had decided to make another lure. Up till now I have always posted pics of my whittlin's but never got into much detail about the actual making of them. I decided what I wanted to do was to make a step by step video from start to finish of a lure.

I called up my son Tim to see if he wanted in on it and he seemed pretty excited about the project. Tim is a good artist and It seemed like a great project for both of us.

The video will be in a "series" due to the fact that I got pretty long winded with it. There may be parts where more advanced craftsmen may find it a little boring, so I hope my academy award winning documentary performance will offset that doh.
I made the video so that everyone could benefit from it but I targeted the beginner crowd and youngins. If it seems a lil' corny I apoligize.

We have the first few episodes done and hope to finish up tomorrow (Wed-Jan 11th). I will post the links to the videos every day or so. As of right now there are 5 episodes and will prob be about that many more.

I really hope everyone enjoys them and I hope they will help anyone who wishes to undertake a project like this. I put in a good plug for Outdoor-Fishing so the vids might steer some more members to us. Let us know what you think and again I hope everyone enjoys. Your Bro, in Christ. Dave

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRqVjC8ln8&context=C3386930ADOEgsToPDskJhV19uGQvmDPEvrqHh7Zns"]Making A Wooden, Lipped Crankbait. PART ONE - YouTube[/ame]