• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Help Log In Issues

BrowningMan

I am unable to log in from the main page. After I go to www.outdoor-fishing.com, in the upper right hand corner, the log in is not working. I enter my information, it tells me thank your browningman for loggin in and redirects me like it should but when I get back to the forum, I am not logged in. I usually have to try and respond to a thread in order to log in successfully. This just started about a week ago. Up until then it was working fine. I use firefox v3.6.12.

Brown

toadfrog

Gold Member
I had the same problem in the past . I think I had to go to internet options in my computers control panel click settings then click Atomatically search for visited pages settings. was ok after that.

fish-hook

Founder
I am unable to log in from the main page. After I go to www.outdoor-fishing.com, in the upper right hand corner, the log in is not working. I enter my information, it tells me thank your browningman for loggin in and redirects me like it should but when I get back to the forum, I am not logged in. I usually have to try and respond to a thread in order to log in successfully. This just started about a week ago. Up until then it was working fine. I use firefox v3.6.12.

Brown
Interesting...

-Do you have your "Keep me logged in" checked?
-Firefox>> Tools>> Options>> Security Tab >>"Remember Passwords" - Checked or unchecked?
-Cookies enabled? How To
-Clear private data

We installed a few mods to prevent spam users (about a week ago). Might be what's triggering this type of action.

BrowningMan

No I do not. I mostly use the gf's desktop when typing here so I do not want my passwords remembered. Thing is, I have always used this desktop since my inception as a member, and no settings have ever been changed. This just started happening recently and has always worked like normal before. Site problem maybe?

fish-hook

Founder
No I do not. I mostly use the gf's desktop when typing here so I do not want my passwords remembered. Thing is, I have always used this desktop since my inception as a member, and no settings have ever been changed. This just started happening recently and has always worked like normal before. Site problem maybe?

GF's desktop? Can you please give a further explanation? Possibly even a link?

I understand what you're saying but it's very difficult to figure out what the problem is since we did a series of updates on the site. Some of which involved "spam-prevention" updates.

BrowningMan

Sorry, GF's desktop, loosely translated :cool:, just means girlfriends desktop. :D I still have the same problem, but now instead of logging in first the normal way, I just click on the link to the right that says "users control panel" and since I am not logged in it takes me to a different log in page that is bigger and that way gets me in just fine.

Sorry for the confusion
Brown

fish-hook

Founder
Sorry, GF's desktop, loosely translated :cool:, just means girlfriends desktop. :D I still have the same problem, but now instead of logging in first the normal way, I just click on the link to the right that says "users control panel" and since I am not logged in it takes me to a different log in page that is bigger and that way gets me in just fine.

Sorry for the confusion
Brown
That is kind of odd. I can't think of any mod that would result in that type of action. I don't think it could be a site problem. My best bet is that the your Internet Browser is storing Cookies or Cache, therefore causing it to remember something that isn't supposed to be there.

No confusion, just "technical difficulties".;)

BrowningMan

Thanks. Will do next time I log in.

Brown

P.S. Firerox set to automatically clear cache and cookies etc after each close.