• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Little slow down here

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
Well, went out fishing yesterday morning, and the bite was slow. Started around 0700 with a temp of 52, and the winds out of the NW at about 25mph. We were fishing some canals that we have never tried before. Canals were approx 15ft at the deepest. The canal then lead to a open water area that began to drop off around 10ft out, going from 3-4ft to 6-10ft. As I watch some fish swim by, I couldnt help but think that I should have brought a jig with me. I was fishing Zoom Ultravibe Speed Worms in black color, I manged 3 fish. I like these due to being able to fish them many ways, high, low, bottom. As we get to the end of the canal we head out. We came across a park that had a lot of water access that was part of the canal system we were fishing. This area had a more gradual slope to the ledge. Here again is where I really could have used a little jig. The bottom of the canal was perfect to fish a jig. There was a lot of sand with patches of short grass. Although I did hook up with a small 2lber, as I was fighting him in, there was 3 more following it. It seemed as though the fish were schooling around, and moving. Not a bad day, but not a very productive day. I will try again Sunday morning.