• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Question? Large Glide Baits (hard baits)

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
Greetings from the south. I wanted to ask for your assistance. Lately the idea of large glide baits have grabbed my fleeting fascination. I'm talking about lures like Larry Dahlberg's Wide Glide, the ESOX Research ? ERC - Hell Hound? or the Musky Mania Magic Maker?. There are a number of guys spread from here to Russia that have taken up production of these items by hand. It is my understanding that the hand made ones are made of wood rather than an injection plastic molding like some of the production models are. My question is that if you have you used something like this what worked best for you? By best I mean that the lure worked as you'd expect in the water, was easy to use, etc. Catching the fishes eye will count for bonus points. Please let me know and thanks in advance for your expertise. Jerry A